It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Set up exclusion zone
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for overhead crane use
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Prepare the overhead crane for use and operate machine safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures
Who should attend?
This NPORS Overhead Crane training programme is designed for any personnel who are required to use or work with an Overhead Crane.
- Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Crane Supervisors.
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations as a Crane Supervisor.
- Crane Supervisor's responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator's manual.
- Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods.
- A rigorous practical and theory based NPORS assessment.
Send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or register on the link below.