It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used, and be familiar with other types of information sources and relevant legislation
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Check all emergency lowering functions
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Configure the machine for travel
- Configure the machine for travel and maneuver it safely on level / rough ground and inclines in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area, including overhead and underground hazards
- Maneuver the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out accessing tasks
- Carry out accessing tasks, at various points up to full operating height
- Travel with platform raised (where applicable)
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Who should attend?
This NPORS MEWP Boom training programme is designed for any personnel who are required to use or work with a Self-Propelled, Vehicle Mounted or Trailer Mounted MEWP Boom.
- Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
- Operator's responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator's manual.
- Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods (unless a theory only version of the course has been booked).
- A rigorous practical and theory based assessment.
Send your enquiry to email@example.com or register on the link below.