It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook and other sources of information, regulations and legislation applicable to the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the vehicle and loader crane and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify all operating controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Configure the vehicle and loader crane ready for travel
- Configure the machine for travel and maneuver it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Maneuver the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out lifting duties
- Correctly deploy the stabilizers according to stated manufacturer’s specifications
- Comply with all requirements for rated capacity indicators or load moment indicators
- Identify weights and centers of gravity of loads to be used
- Carry out lifting operations using the full capabilities of the loader crane
- Position loads accurately at designated locations including onto and from the vehicle
- Identify, fit and remove various attachments and lifting accessories as appropriate
- Minimize load swing and ensure load security on the vehicle
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Who should attend?
This Lorry Loader training course is designed for Plant Operators who require practical and theory training and / or assessment on a Lorry Loader.
- Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations. Operator's responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator's manual.
- Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods (unless a theory only version of the course has been booked).
- A rigorous practical and theory based assessment.
Send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or register on the link below.