It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine tobe used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain theirfunctions
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain theirfunctions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely laden and unladen, in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out lifting and load handling tasks
- Carry out lifting and load handling tasks
- Lift and transfer loads accurately and safely at different locations
- Load and unload external transport safely
- Fit, adjust and or remove attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures formachine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Who should attend?
This Industrial Counterbalanced Lift Truck training course is designed for Plant Operators who require practical and theory training and / or assessment on an Industrial Counterbalanced Lift Truck .
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
- Have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to successfully complete the NPORS assessment.
Send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or register on the link below.