It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a crane / lift supervisor
- Explain the importance of locating and identifying different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories. Explain their basic construction, uses, applications and functions
- Demonstrate how to interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation
- Explain and demonstrate diverse types of communication methods used for lifting purposes
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service
- Explain the function and use of the RCIs and anti-collision systems and use the information provided
- Explain setting up, erection, levelling and dismantling requirements for diverse types of lifting equipment and lifts
- Set up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions and identify overhead hazards
- Identify potential hazards and unsafe lifting practices using different lifting scenarios
- Explain the importance of checking the security of various types of loads and lifting accessories, explain the procedures ensuring load balance and integrity
- Supervise the movement of loads to different types of locations using different methods of communication
- Explain all Environmental considerations and explain how factors such as the external area to the lift zone can affect the planning of the lifting operation
- Carry out all out-of –service and securing procedures
Who should attend?
This NPORS Crane Supervisor training program is designed for any personnel who are required to work as a Crane Supervisor.
- Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Crane Supervisors.
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations as a Crane Supervisor.
- Crane Supervisor's responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator's manual.
- Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods.
- A rigorous practical and theory based NPORS assessment.
Send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or register on the link below.