Duration 5 Days (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Friday, 11 September 2020
Friday, 18 September 2020
Friday, 25 September 2020
Friday, 2 October 2020
Friday, 9 October 2020
The purpose of this training course is to provide knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
Capitalizing on the powerful Accelerated Learning Technique, this course spends a good portion of the time on discussions, exercises and case studies to help students to consolidate knowledge and acquire hands-on experience that are instrumental in their capacity as a EMS auditor or as an environmental personnel.
Students who passed the continuous assessment and the 2-hour closed book examination will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement. Based on CQI IRCA policy, this course satisfies the training requirement for certification as a CQI IRCA registered EMS Lead Auditor/Auditor.
On completion, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of an environmental management system, of EMS standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification, and the business and societal benefits of improving environmental performance;
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an EMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1, as applicable;
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an EMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 as applicable.
- General Introduction
- Environmental Management Principles, Vocabulary and ISO 14001 requirements
- Stage 1 Audit (including document review)
- Audit Planning
- Process Auditing and Audit Skills
- Writing NC Reports and Audit Reporting
- Audit follow up
Who Should Attend?
- Staff who are charged with the responsibility to develop and maintain an EMS
- All EMS auditors who wish to acquire an internationally recognized auditor status
- Those who wish to explore career opportunities in management system auditing
CQI IRCA recommends that students are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- The PDCA cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and improvement
- The intended outcomes of an environmental management system:
- Enhancement of environmental performance
- Fulfillment of compliance obligations
- Achievement of environmental objectives
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001 and the commonly used environmental management terms and definitions, as given in ISO14001, which may be gained by completing a CQI IRCA Certified EMS Foundation Training course or equivalent
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed throughout the course to help students to be familiar with the style of the questions.
Send your enquiry to email@example.com or register on the link below.