Hazardous area competency training with IECEx Unit 001 assessment and certification for personnel competency.
Hazardous area industries (Explosive areas) require competent people being active in all levels. Competency has to be shown both on theoretical and practical level. The design of the installation, the selection of equipment and the erection, but also inspection, maintencance and repair covered by the relevant IEC 60079 standards shall be carried out only by persons whose training has included instruction on the various types of protection and installation practices, relevant rules and regulations and on the general principles of area classification. The competency of the person shall be relevant to the type of work to be undertaken. Appropriate continuous education or training shall be undertaken by personnel on a regular basis. This unit of competency is for the application of basic principles of protection in explosive atmospheres.
- Prepare to work in hazardous area
- Observe condition of explosion-protection system area
- Take actions to limit risk of an explosion
- General principles of types of protection and marking
- Aspects of equipment design which affect the protection concept
- Content of certificates and relevant parts of the standards
- Inspection and maintenance requirements
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Use of documentation
- Perform detailed inspections of explosion proof devices
- Making and understanding of Hazardous Area Classifications
- Ignition Source Assessment
- Use and perform documentations
- Production and review of reports
Both theoretical and practical examples will be included in the training, but only the theoretical knowledge will be examined during IECEx Unit 001 assessment.
Participants applying for IECEx Unit 001 and successfully pass the assessment shall receive a competency certificate for applying basic principles of protection in explosive atmospheres. This certification is valid for 5 years and will be listed on iecex.com.
Existing technical skill (electrical, instrumentation, mechanical). Prior experience to hazardous area industries is an advantage.
4 days (3 days for theoretical and practical training, 1 day theoretical assessment)
Please send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below: