Complimentary Webinar: Building a successful GDPR program for your organization – Tuesday, 22nd May 2018
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law for data protection and privacy of all individuals within the European Union. It is the largest European regulation of personal data protection over the last 20 years and will affect almost every organization. The objective of Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council - GDPR is to harmonize the existing data protection laws in the individual EU Member States. The fact that GDPR is a ‘regulation’ means that this legislation will be applicable in all EU Member States. It is also applicable for export of personal data outside the EU. Non-compliance to GDPR will attract heavy penalties as levied by the regulators.
Penalties Levied by Regulators
- Fine may be the greater of €10 million or 2% of global annual turnover, whichever is higher
(For non-compliance: Technical measures like impact assessments, breach notifications and certifications)
- Fine may be €20 million or 4% of global annual turnover, whichever is higher
(For non-compliance: Key provisions of GDPR, basic principles for processing, transfer of personal data to a recipient in a third country, data subjects’ rights and non-compliance with an order by a supervisory authority)
The EU-GDPR (European Union General Data Protection) regulation act will be enforced from 25th May 2018 onwards.
GDPR is applicable to:
- Data controller: An organization that collects personal data from EU data subjects
- Data processor: An organization that processes the personal information on behalf of the data controller or data subject (person) that is based in EU.
- The GDPR not only applies to organizations located within the EU but it will also be applicable to organizations located outside of the EU, if they offer goods or services to, or monitor the behavior of, EU data subjects.
- It applies to all companies processing and holding the personal data of data subjects residing in the European Union, regardless of the company’s location.
- Your clients will want to know that they can trust your organization to protect their personal data and hence, GDPR compliance will be critical to building trust and earning loyalty.
- In case you receive EU data subject’s PII from your customer, this would mandate that your organization provides assurance of GDPR compliance.
- GDPR implementation involves deep understanding of data privacy, the regulation and involves multiple stakeholders from the organization including Legal, HR, IT, Infosec, Business teams and management.
Business benefits of GDPR compliance
- Pre-requisite for doing business in EU region involving PII data of EU data subjects
- Improved brand equity and reputation
- Enhance your data security and privacy profile
- Increased customer loyalty
- Increased trust in the global market
- Improved decision making
Knowledge Sharing through Complimentary Webinar
To help you strategize and build a successful GDPR program for your organization, TÜV SÜD’s GDPR expert will cover all the key aspects of the regulation through a complimentary webinar.
Topic: Building a successful GDPR program for your organization
Date: 22nd May 2018
Time: 9:30 am (Qatar & KSA) | 10:30 am (UAE & Oman)
Duration: 1 Hour
Speaker: TÜV SÜD’s GDPR Expert
Points to be Covered in the Webinar
How to build GDPR Implementation Program for your organization:
- Understanding EU GDPR
- Determining applicability of GDPR & understanding its impact
- Key tenets of success
- Stakeholders to be involved
- Roles and responsibilities of stakeholders
- Where should you start and stop
- How to sustain the state of compliance.
Click here, for more information about GDPR
As mentioned earlier, penalties levied by regulators for GDPR non-compliance are very high. Hence, it is important that compliance to GDPR is achieved and maintained.
TÜV SÜD’s external Data Protection Officer Services will help you get GDPR consultation from experts, thus, mitigating the risk of non-compliance. TÜV SÜD will support your organization globally for end-to-end GDPR services. We conduct a GDPR gap assessment, chart the road map of the action to be taken and ensure seamless implementation. Post successful implementation, we also offer monitoring services for your GDPR framework to ensure you continue to maintain GDPR compliance. To help you ensure compliance of your vendors, TÜV SÜD also provides third party GDPR assessment.
TÜV SÜD’s one day GDPR awareness and 5 day(s) GDPR implementation training programs also help you gain knowledge about the nuances of this important regulation.
To know more about TÜV SÜD’s GDPR offerings, Click here