All types of organisations, be it manufacturing plants, commercial buildings, residential complexes, shopping malls, labs, software firms or service oganisations today face the challenge of rising energy prices. This comes at a time of increasing competitive pressure that is forcing companies to find new ways to reduce their total overheads. Organisations must tackle issues like identifying and making provision for the future energy supply requirements and decrease the impact of price fluctuations. They must implement a framework that will allow them to monitor and enhance the energy performance and reduce the consumption.
World over, customers and investors, prefer to invest in companies which are conscious about their greenhouse emissions and are undertaking preventive actions. Considering these developments, organisations must find ways to manage energy use while at the same time communicating energy management efforts to an increasingly environmentally conscious public.
The revised standard of ISO 50001:2018, can help you mitigate risk, save energy cost, optimise consumption and improve efficiency. ISO 50001:2018 is also based on management system model of ISO 9001 & ISO 14001. ISO 50001:2018 helps you to develop your energy policy and plan by implementing technical and management strategies. It also enables you to get better tender opportunities, because of improved environmental credentials.
Companies currently certified according to ISO 50001:2011 will need to transition to the new standard ISO 50001:2018 within a given timeline to maintain the validity of the certification.
About ISO 50001:2018
ISO 50001:2018 is the new version of ISO standard on requirement of Energy Management System for organization. This document provides requirements for a systematic, data-driven and facts-based process, focused on continually improving energy performance.
- Expiry of the validity of certificates ISO 50001:2011 is 20 August 2021
- From the following date only audits according to ISO 50001:2018 are permitted: 22 February 2020
Importance of ISO 50001:2018
There is more than one reason why the new version of ISO 50001:2018 is important to understand, like:
- EnMS standard with high level structure
- How to better integrate with strategic management process
- The stronger emphasis to leadership role
- Concept of normalization & additional details on Data collection plan
- Clarification on Outsourced SEU controls
Business Benefits of ISO 50001:2018
- Save money - through improvements in energy efficiency and reduction in energy consumption.
- Achieve world-class standards - through our certification, which enables you to benchmark, measure and report energy efficiency improvements.
- Gain a competitive edge - by promoting energy management best practices and reinforcing good energy management behaviors.
- Improve transparency - with detailed energy analyses on energy flows and consumption patterns in your organization to clearly communicate energy management efforts.
Knowledge Sharing through Complimentary Webinar
To help you understand the key changes and transition requirements for ISO 50001:2018 standard, TÜV SÜD’s EnMS expert will covers all aspects of ISO 50001:2018 ‘revision essentials’ over a complimentary webinar to ensure a seamless transition.
Date: 24th April 2019
Time: 9.30 am (Qatar, KSA & Bahrain) | 10.30 am (UAE & Oman) | 8:30 am (Egypt)
Duration: 1 Hour
Speaker: TÜV SÜD’s EnMS Expert
Points to be Covered in the Webinar
• What is ISO 50001:2018?
• Importance of ISO 50001:2018
• Summary of transition timelines and requirements
• Comparison between ISO 50001:2011 and ISO 50001:2018
• Q & A session
Click here, for more information on ISO 50001:2018
How can we help you?
- Pre-audit (optional): A preliminary evaluation determines which requirements your company already fulfils.
- Audit level 1 and subsequent documentation review: We collect information on the basic EnMS processes, prepare the certification audit and check for compliant documentation.
- Certification audit: We assess the practical implementation of your company’s EnMS, including interviews with different members of staff, review of facts and figures, and site inspection.
- Awarding the certificate: The certificate is awarded, confirming that your EnMS conforms to the ISO 50001 standard.
- Surveillance audits: Our annual surveillance audits provide ongoing support in the continuous optimization of your processes.
- Re-certification: ISO 50001 certifications are valid for three years, after which your company needs to be re-certified.
Although there is a period of 3 years to upgrade to the revised ISO 50001:2018, we strongly recommend that organizations should not leave the upgrade until the very end of the transition period.
We can help upgrade your organization's existing ISO 50001:2011 certification to ISO 50001:2018. Having an EnMS standard in place, will communicate the fact to all the stakeholders that responsible energy consumption and conservation is a priority for your organization. Many investors prefer to invest in organizations with an established framework. So even if you are applying for the EnMS for the first time, we can support you with the new ISO 50001:2018 certification.
To know more about ISO 50001:2018 Certification, mail us on email@example.com