In today’s increasingly interconnected and digitalised world, more organisations are embracing new technologies to improve business processes and provide personalised customer experiences to generate higher profits. This has led to a proliferation of collection, use and transfer of personal data globally, raising concern among consumers that the collected data may be repurposed.
As such, privacy regulations such as the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) and Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), are introduced by the governments to ensure responsible use of data & accountability for personally identifiable information (PII) to protect consumers.
About ISO 27701:2019
ISO 27701 Privacy Information Management System (PIMS), a privacy extension to ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS), can support organisations in meeting the regulatory requirements and manage privacy risks related to Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
Importance of ISO 27701:2019
Lawmakers and regulators worldwide have been introducing new laws governing the use of PII. This includes the roll out of GDPR where many organisations face challenges in becoming GDPR compliant. It is even more challenging for businesses that have to comply with regulations in multiple jurisdictions. The ISO 27701:2019 standard will provide them with a harmonised framework to decide, plan, implement, and document its approach to achieve compliance with data privacy regulations across countries.
Knowledge Sharing through Complimentary Webinar
To help you understand the structure of ISO 27701:2019 & key considerations when extending your organisation’s ISMS to meet the requirements of ISO 27701, TÜV SÜD’s experts will cover all key aspects of ISO 27701:2019 over a complimentary webinar. The webinar will cover the significance of ISO 27701 as a framework to align and maximise the established ISMS controls to comply to EU GDPR and local data privacy requirements.
Date: 27th May 2020
Time: 9.30am (Bahrain, Qatar & KSA) | 10.30am(UAE & Oman) | 8.30am (Egypt)
Duration: 1 Hour
Speaker: TÜV SÜD’s Expert
Points to be Covered in the Webinar
- What is and why ISO 27701 Standard?
- ISO 27701 Benefits & Values
- ISO 27701 Key Concepts
- ISO 27001:2013 extension to ISO 27701:2019
- ISO 27701:2019 Certification Process
Click here, for more information on ISO 27701:2019.
Who should attend this webinar
This webinar is especially useful and relevant for the following group but not limited to:
- Information Security Management Representatives, Data Protection Officers (DPOs) and Privacy Leaders in all types and sizes of organisations, including public and private companies, government entities and not-for-profit organisations.
Business Benefits of ISO 27701:2019
- Support compliance to privacy regulations – such as the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) and local privacy law & regulations such as Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) in Singapore.
- Provide confidence to stakeholders and customers – that you are maintaining the highest standards in managing privacy risks related to PII.
- Clear roles & responsibilities – for PII controllers and PII processors holding responsibility and accountability for PII processing.
- Minimise risks – of disruptions of critical processes and financial losses associated with a breach.
We strongly recommend that you undertake ISO 27701:2019 certification. Having a Privacy Information Management System standard in place, it will enable your organisation to demonstrate compliance with privacy regulations around the world & builds trust in managing your customers' personal information.
To know more about ISO 27701:2019 Certification, please mail us on email@example.com.