AIAG and VDA have harmonised their regional manuals into an international guide on Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) in June 2019. FMEA is the most commonly used risk analysis method in the automotive and aerospace industries, and helps manufacturers and suppliers to predict and prevent failures in both the product development and part production processes.
About Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (AIAG & VDA FMEA)
FMEA is a team-oriented, systematic, qualitative, analytical method to foresee potential failures, analyse and take actions to minimise the effects of failure during development and part production for various applications.
Manufacturers and suppliers delivering their products to European and North American manufacturers (OEMs) are obliged to evaluate the FMEA, based on the VDA and AIAG FMEA manuals. Occasionally, this has led to an increase in the complexity of product development and improvement for suppliers. Joint requirements and expectations for FMEA now enable suppliers to design a coherent process for FMEA that meets the needs and expectations of their respective customers.
Importance of FMEA
FMEA plays an important role as a pre-analysis tool during design and manufacturing of parts:
- In increasing quality, reliability, manufacturability, serviceability and safety of products.
- Ensuring the linkage between components, system and vehicles.
- Maintaining defect free product launches.
- Proving product and process related risk analysis in the case of product reliability.
- Reducing warranty and goodwill cost.
Knowledge Sharing through Complimentary Webinar
To help you understand the FMEA methodology & the new Harmonised AIAG & VDA FMEA, TÜV SÜD’s expert will cover all aspects of the tool over a complimentary webinar:
Date: 20th December 2019
Time: 9.30am (Bahrain, Qatar & KSA) | 10.30am(UAE & Oman) | 8.30am (Egypt)
Duration: 1 Hour
Speaker: TÜV SÜD’s FMEA Experts
Points to be Covered in the Webinar
- Purpose and Description of FMEA
- FMEA For Products and Process
- FMEA Methodology
- Overview of Design FMEA
- Overview of Process FMEA
- Q&A session
Who should attend this webinar
FMEA is often mandated by automotive, aerospace and other engineering primary manufacturers, as a specific requirement to support the goal of defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste.
Hence, this webinar is relevant for the users of FMEA (AIAG Manual or VDA Manual); Part manufacturers; Facilitators, developers, design engineers, process planners as well as personnel from product and process development, testing, logistics, manufacturing, inspection planning, maintenance and quality from the following sectors:
- Electronics (Consumer, Industrial & Automotive)
Business Benefits of FMEA
Having a strong understanding and proper implementation of the FMEA tool will help manufacturers and suppliers to reduce the business risk related to potential failures within the scope of the products and services.
- Increase customer satisfaction – with reduced defects and failures by improving the quality, reliability and safety of the process.
- Improve bottom line of organisations – through improved product conformity, better on-time delivery performance, and reduced field failures and product liabilities.
- Maintain good brand reputation – with reduced product recalls and product / part failures.
We strongly recommend that you undertake FMEA, to analyse information from a prospective point of view to see what could go wrong before the adverse event occurs.
A comprehensive session with TÜV SÜD will help answer the questions and challenges you have on the implementation of the new FMEA AIAG & VDA.
To know more about TÜV SÜD’s FMEA offerings (Training and Auditing based on your specific requirements related to FMEA), please call us on +971 4 4473 113 or mail us on email@example.com.