Technical malfunctions and failures due to leaks, cracks, corrosion or defects are serious risks for operators of systems, pressure vessels and machines. The acoustic emission test (AET) is a non-destructive test method that detects impending problems and damage/s early and reliably – even before they become critical.
The acoustic emission test is not only suitable for locating cracks and leaks or for identifying corrosion and defects, but is also recommended for periodic inspections of pressure vessels and tanks required under the Industrial Safety Ordinance. AET may also be used as an alternative to:
Visual examination within the scope of internal inspection
Hydrostatic strength testing, in this case in the form of an AET verified gas pressure test
Besides this, AET can often be carried out with the fluid transported or stored in pressure equipment and tanks, thus eliminating the organisational efforts, costs and time involved in opening and emptying tanks or pressure equipment. It is a recommended special test method for periodic in-service inspection and continuous monitoring of pressure equipment.
Our experts are qualified to carry out AT according to the EN ISO 9712:2012 standard and have long-standing experience in the field of non-destructive testing. They will assist you in all issues related to the safety, cost effectiveness and quality of your equipment.
OUR AET SERVICES
Visual examination as a part of internal inspection
Hydrostatic strength test by means of a gas pressure test checked by the means of an Acoustic Emission Test
Location of cracks and leaks
Identification of corrosion and defects
Organisation and co-ordination for AET
Legally compliant documentation of the results
Advice on the use of possible testing techniques and special procedures
WHICH OBJECTS DO WE CARRY OUT THE ACOUSTIC EMISSION TEST ON?
- Spherical pressure vessels for gas storage (including spherical accumulators)
- In-service flat bottom storage tanks (leak and corrosion testing)
- Special pressure equipments such as:
- Natural gas, LPG and H2 pressure equipment
- Pressure equipments in hydraulic systems (bladder and piston accumulators and cylinders)
- Steam-heated rotating cylinders (paper /dry cylinders)
- Pressure equipment plus fittings
- Pressure vessels including sintering furnaces and autoclaves and hardening kilns
- Rotating components
- Compressed air tank
- Gain knowledge about imperfections such as cracks or corrosion at an early stage
- Carry out integral monitoring of complex pressure vessels for crack formation and progress
- Avoid corrosion, contamination and static loads
- Avoid draining the operating medium. As a rule, a test with operating medium is possible
- Increase the availability and safety of the systems
- Localise acoustic emission source via location procedures
- Save costs by combining AET with other NDT processes to carry out targeted checks
- Gain advantage from a trusted partner with many years of experience
In the below given video you can learn more about the advantages and applications of AET as a part of the pressure vessel test. Is the acoustic emission test suitable for your pressure vessel? Talk to us and we will be happy to inform you.