- Know the duties and responsibilities of a competent person
- Gain understanding of the legal provisions concerning lifting operation.
- Deliver effective tool box talk
- Effectively carry out his duty as a competent lifting supervisor with various types of cranes
- Implementing lifting plan based on the method statement
- Capable of reading and understanding the English language.
- Minimum 3 years onsite experience.
- Have a decent knowledge in rigging and lifting operations.
- Have strong administrative and supervisory skills to schedule, monitor and control the "lifting equipment" and lifting operations.
- Lifting supervisor duties and responsibilities
- Definition of competent person
- Terms and definitions of various lifting/rigging terminology
- Introduction to various types of slings (webbing slings, wire rope slings and chain slings)
- Pre-use inspection of various types of slings
- Rejection criteria of lifting accessories
- Types of lifting hitches
- Sling angles
- Determining the slings capacity
- Types of shackles, eye bolts and hooks, chain block , turn buckles and their inspection
- Proper lifting techniques
- Common lifting hazards
- Communication and hand signals during Lifting
- Types of cranes and safe operation of various cranes
- Supervisory techniques and supervisor role related to the lifting operation crew
- Hazards associated with cranes operation
- Lifting & handling general principles
- Practical session
Please send your enquiry to email@example.com or fill in the form below: