Advanced Rigging and Slinging Course
BS ISO 15513:2000
At the end of the course, the participants will:
- Know the duties and responsibilities of a competent person
- Gain understanding of the legal provisions concerning lifting operation
- Understand the effect of hitches and angles in lifting
- Have knowledge of lifting gear inspection
- To effectively carry out his duty as a competent rigging supervisor.
The minimum physical and education qualification:
- Have had adequate training experience and be competent to act as an appointed person or focal point nominated by management to be in over-all control of the lifting operations.
- Be educated to a minimum of secondary level and be experienced of not less than 10 years in the same area of application to carry out the same job.
- Not less than 35 years old.
- Have a good command of the English language
- Have strong administrative and supervisory skills to schedule, monitor and control the "lifting equipment" personnel lifting operations
Validity of Certificate
Three (3) Years
Successful participants who passed the written and practical test will receive certificates on Safe Rigging & Slinging Practices.
The course is divided into two sessions. The first session is classroom/theory training and the second is practical application of the course content.
- Legislations relating to Lifting and Rigging, Rigging Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
- Qualifications of a "Competent Person" as per BS 7121 and Qatar Petroleum Standards
- Wire Rope Construction and Characteristics, Webbing Slings, Chain and Accessories, Winches, Lifting tackles, Safety harness and Fall Arrestor, Sling Angles and Hitches, Safety Requirements for Offshore Cranes (QP)
- Basic Load Computation, Center of Gravity and SWL
- Risk Assessment, job safety analysis, safety task analysis, conducting toolbox talk
- Procedure for control of heavy and critical lifts (QP)
- Recap of the course contents.
- Question and Answer
- Written Examination
- Using a crane. Demonstrations of various methods of slinging to enable lifts to be carried out safely.
- Practical demonstration of inspection of lifting equipment.
- Practical demonstration with course participants using the correct crane signals.
- Practical demonstration of safely applying and using a tag line(s) in a safe manner to control the load.
- Practical Examination