Safe Manlift Operations Training
To provide the basic skill requirements, practical application and associated job safety knowledge to personnel involved in Safe Manlift Operations.
At the end of the course, successful delegates should be able to operate the Manlift both safely and efficiently.
The minimum qualifications that the participant must have are:
- At least 21 years of age
- Capable of reading and understanding the English language
- Basic knowledge of mathematics sufficient for effective performance as a Manlift Operator
- Must be physically fit and should have undergone medical examination at intervals not exceeding three (3) years
Validity of Certificate
- Two (2) Years - First Time
- Three (3) Years - Renewal or Re-Certification
Successful participants who passed the written and practical test will receive certificates on Safe Manlift Operations.
The course is divided into two sessions. The first session is classroom/theory training and the second is practical application of the course content.
Session 1 Classroom/ Theory Training
- Types of Aerial Platforms
- Safety - Before You Do Anything
- Safety - Before Operation
- Safety - Starting and Testing
- Safety - During Operation
- Safety - During Shutdown
- Safety - Tires and Wheels
- Safe Maintenance
- Boomlifts for Construction
- Recap of the Course Contents.
- Question and Answer
- Written Examination
Session 2 On Site
- Practical Demonstration of Using the Manlift
- Practical Demonstration of Inspection of the Manlift
- Practical Examination