Safe Overhead & Gantry Crane Operations Training
BS ISO 15513:2000
To provide the basic skill requirements, practical application and associated job safety knowledge to personnel involved in overhead and gantry crane operations and signaling procedures.
At the end of the course, successful delegates should be able to operate overhead and gantry crane both safely and efficiently.
The minimum qualifications that the participant must have are:
- At least 21 years of age
- Capable of reading and understanding the English language
- Basic knowledge of mathematics sufficient for effective performance as a Crane Operator
- Must be physically fit and should have undergone medical examination at intervals not exceeding three (3) years
Validity of Certificate
- Two (2) Years - First Time
- Three (3) Years - Renewal or Re-Certification
Successful participants who passed the written and practical test will receive certificates on Safe Overhead and Gantry Crane Operations.
The course is divided into two sessions. The first session is classroom/theory training and the second is practical application of the course content.
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Crane operator’s Responsibilities, Testing and Examination of crane prior use.
- Safe Operation
- Bridge and Gantry Cranes
- Maintenance Procedures
- Standard Crane Signals
- Recap of the course contents
- Question and Answer
- Written Examination
- Practical demonstration of using the crane.
- Practical demonstration of inspection of the crane.
- Practical demonstration with course participants using the correct crane signals.
- Practical demonstration of how to control the load in safe manner.
- Practical Examination