Safe Mobile Crane Operations Training
BS ISO 15513:2000
To provide the basic skill requirements, practical application and associated job safety knowledge to personnel involved in mobile crane operations and signaling procedures.
At the end of the course, successful delegates should be able to operate mobile cranes both safely and efficiently.
The minimum qualifications that the participant must have are:
- At least 21 years of age
- Capable of reading and understanding the English language
- Basic knowledge of mathematics sufficient for effective performance as a Crane Operator
- Must be physically fit and should have undergone medical examination at intervals not exceeding three (3) years
Validity of Certificate
- Two (2) Years - First Time
- Three (3) Years - Renewal or Re-Certification
Successful participants who passed the written and practical test will receive certificates on Safe Mobile Crane Operations.
The course is divided into two sessions. The first session is classroom/theory training and the second is practical application of the course content.
Session 1 Classroom/ Theory Training
- Crane operator’s responsibilities, testing and examination of crane prior to use
- Configuration of crane base and mobile crane procedure set-up
- Components of mobile crane
- Basic safety precautions that must be followed during the daily routine work
- Safe mobile crane inspection
- Maximum load ratings, % tipping loads, factors that affect the cranes rated capacity
- Crane Signals: Correct use and positioning of the person giving the signal and emergency stop procedure
- Recap of the course contents
- Question and answer
- Written examination
Session 2 On Site
- Practical demonstration of using the crane
- Practical demonstration with course participants using the correct crane signals
- Practical demonstration of how to control the load in safe manner
- Practical examination