Safe Forklift Operations Training
BS ISO 15513:2000
To teach the basic skill requirements, practical applications and associated job safety knowledge to personnel involved in forklift crane operations and signaling procedures.
At the end of the course, successful delegates should be able to operate forklift cranes both safely and efficiently.
The minimum qualifications that the participant must have are:
- At least 21 years of age.
- Capable of reading and understanding the English language.
- Basic knowledge of mathematics sufficient for effective performance as a Crane Operator.
- Must be physically fit and should have undergone medical examination at intervals not exceeding three (3) years.
Validity of Certificate
- Two (2) Years - First Time
- Three (3) Years - Renewal and Re-Certification
Successful participants who passed the written and practical test will receive certificates on Safe Forklift Operations.
The course is divided into two sessions. The first session is classroom/theory training and the second is practical application of the course content.
Session 1 Classroom/ Theory Training
- Lift Truck Accidents
- Types, Components and Attachments
- Inspection and Maintenance
- Physical Principles and Environment
- Loading, Moving Load and Placing Loads
- Operator Checklist
- Weights of Materials
- OSHA Standards on Forklift Operation
- Recap of the Course Contents.
- Question and Answer
- Written Examination
Session 2 On Site
- Practical demonstration of using the forklift.
- Practical demonstration of inspection of the forklift
- Practical Examination