Hazardous area competency training for Supervisors and Technicians with ExAM assessment and certification
Hazardous area industries (explosive areas) require competent people being active in all levels. Competency has to be shown both on theoretical and practical level. The design of the installation, the selection of equipment and the erection, but also inspection, maintencance and repair covered by the relevant IEC 60079 standards shall be carried out only by persons whose training has included instruction on the various types of protection and installation practices, relevant rules and regulations and on the general principles of area classification. The competency of the person shall be relevant to the type of work to be undertaken. Appropriate continuous education or training shall be undertaken by personnel on a regular basis.
- Prepare to work in hazardous area
- Observe condition of explosion-protection system area
- Take actions to limit risk of an explosion
- General principles of types of protection and marking
- Aspects of equipment design which affect the protection concept
- Content of certificates and relevant parts of the standards
- Inspection and maintenance requirements
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Use of documentation
- Perform detailed inspections of explosion proof devices
- Making and understanding of Hazardous Area Classifications
- Ignition Source Assessment
- Use and perform documentations
- Production and review of report
Participants applying for ExAM (both technician and supervisor) and successfully pass the assessment shall receive a competency certificate valid for 5 years and will be listed on exnb.eu.
Existing technical skill (electrical, instrumentation, mechanical). Prior experience to hazardous area industries is an advantage.
4 days (3 days for theoretical and practical training, 1 day practical and theoretical assessment)
Please send your enquiry to email@example.com or fill in the form below: