Secure your knowledge and information with ISO 27001
About the e-learning course
Information is an asset, a building block and the key to growth for any organisation. To ensure your business keeps ahead of the competition, it is essential to safeguard business-critical information from threats of data hacking, data loss, and even terrorism.
Module 1: Overview of ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System (ISMS) Concepts and Benefits
Through this course, you will get an in-depth overview on information security policy and other aspects of the ISMS. Also, you will discover the benefits of ISO 27001 ISMS and learn strategies to help your business recover from attacks via incident management protocols.
This information security management training is especially designed for on-the-go learners like you—providing you the convenience of self-paced learning, while allowing you to boost your competency and add value to your career.
What will you learn from the ISO 27001:2013 Certification Course?
Get an overview of the various security requirements to protect your company’s confidential information. Stay ahead in establishing an effective plan that can support your company operations in the event of security breaches.
Topics to be covered in this course include:
- Knowing what is information and understanding its importance
- Forms of information
- Understanding information security and CIA triad
- History of ISMS and ISO/IEC 27000 series of standards
- Benefits of ISMS
What is the course methodology?
The ISO 27001 Certification Course employs a variety of training tools such as digital learning, tests, and other interactive exercises to enhance delivery of theoretical knowledge. E Casily accessible via your laptop, tablet and mobile phone, the course gives you the opportunity to log in and learn whenever, wherever.
The cumulative duration of the programme is 60 minutes, after which you will be required to pass a quiz to receive your internationally recognized certificate.
Who should take the ISO 27001 certification course?
This course is specially designed for:
- People who are responsible for implementation or transition to ISO 27001
- Information security personnel who have a role in implementation of ISMS
- Information security management system consultants
Who is the course advisor?
The course structure and content are developed by experts from TÜV SÜD’s Digital Academy Approval Board. Consisting of product specialists and technical experts, they have been working on ISMS implementations to help organisations around the world achieve business excellence.
This assures you that the course has been created with meticulous instruction, introducing you to diverse perspectives and best practices in the relevant standards.
1. How do I enroll in the course ISO 27001 Certification Course?
To enroll, simply click here and fill out the forms accordingly.
2. What is included in the ISO 27001 training?
You get access to our e learning content along with the assessments that will help you understand the topics in depth. In the event of any technical difficulties, you can contact us for support.
3. Can I pause the course and log in to it anytime?
Yes. The course allows you to take a break and return to it within the defined access period.
4. Are there any tests in the middle of the course?
Yes, there are interactive quizzes throughout the course to gauge your understanding of the lectures.
5. Can I get a refund if I cancel my enrollment?
No, refund is not possible once the account is activated.
6. What happens if I don't finish the course within the access period?
Access period may be adjusted for B2B customers depending on what was agreed in the contract. For B2C customers, access runs only for 30 days.
7. I have difficulty accessing the course. Whom should I contact?
To contact someone from TÜV SÜD, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Who are the trainers and what are their qualifications?
All trainers are carefully selected by TÜV SÜD’s Digital Academy Approval Board. They undergo relevant upskilling programmes, benefitting from TÜV SÜD’s 150 years of expertise and global heritage.
9. Whom do I contact if I want more in-depth course materials?
To contact someone from TÜV SÜD, you may email at email@example.com.
10. How will ISO 27001 training help?
ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification offers a systematic and well-structured approach that will protect the confidentiality of your sensitive information, ensure the integrity of business data and improve the availability of your critical business IT systems and resources that aid in information transfer.
11. What are the benefits of ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System?
Benefits of ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System include but not limited to the following:
- Minimise business risks – through a structured and globally recognised information security methodology that identifies and mitigates threats and vulnerabilities based on your business context.
- Maximise business opportunities and return on investments
- Protect critical assest and confidential information – from myriad threats that may compromise the information security posture of the organisation
- Establish information security continuity plans – that ensure business operations will continue in a secure manner even during a disaster.
- Meet international benchmarks of security and build credibility, trust, confidence in your customer
12. How can the I get the ISO 27001 certification for my company?
Like many other management systems, ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) is based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act approach to quality improvement. You can prepare for the standard of ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification by undergoing training to learn more about it.
The steps to certification are as follows:
• Define Scope of ISMS and conduct Gap Assessment.
• Develop an implementation plan with resources and deadlines and seek relevant interested parties approval.
• Implement the plan
• Monitor whether the execution is taking place in accordance with the plan and do necessary changes, if any.
• Perform pre-audit
• Conduct audit with TÜV SÜD auditors (Stage 1 and Stage 2)
• Closure of findings by the organisation
• Receipts of final audit report and certificate from TUV SUD.
• Initiate Surveillance / Re-certification audits.
13. How do I get ISO 27001 certification?
Like many other management systems, ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) is based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act approach to improvement.
You can undergo a training on Information Security Management System (ISMS) to learn more about it which will be based on the international standard ISO/IEC 27001 and achieve your goal of being ISO/IEC 27001 certified.
TÜV SÜD offers ISMS courses that will provide you with an understanding of the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 international standard , as well as equip you to audit, understand and maintain the existing information security management system within your organisation to ensure continued compliance to the international standard and the relevant legal requirements after initial certification.
Some courses offered by TÜV SÜD are: Awareness, Internal Auditor and CQI IRCA Accredited Auditor/Lead Auditor courses.
14. What does it mean to be ISO 27001 certified?
By being ISO/IEC 27001 certified, you show your commitment in protecting the confidentiality of your information, ensuring the integrity of business data and improving the availability of your business IT systems and resource with a systematic and well-structured approach which is recognised internationally.
15. How many controls are there in ISO 27001 standard?
There are 14 security domains, 35 control objectives and 114 controls in the ISO/IEC 27001 international standard. Organisations can implement additional controls if they wish to.
To know more about TÜV SÜD, please click here.