Duration | 6 DAYS
Who’s the course for?
A starting point for anybody wishing to work in the construction industry as a scaffolder
Course aims and benefits
To provide an introduction to scaffolding, covering the safe erection, alteration and dismantling of a range of scaffolding structures.
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Safe working at heights
- Fall Arrest systems
- Manual handling of scaffolding components
- Basic scaffolding structures by means of practical and theory assessments and exams
- Scaffolding ties
- Alterations to scaffolding structures
Successful candidates will be able to understand:
- The correct and safe methods of erecting, alterating and dismantling independent scaffolds, scaffolds with returns and tower scaffolds in tube and fitting.
- The regulations governing the safe erecting, alteration and dismantling of scaffolds and the work methods to be adopted.
- Determine the material requirements for independent scaffolds, independents with returns and tower scaffolds in tube and fitting.
- Be able to lay out materials, set out scaffolds and overcome obstacles to erect scaffold safely.
- Ensure that scaffolds are constructed following safe systems of work.
- As a member of a team to erect, alter and dismantle a range of basic scaffold structures safely and in the correct sequence.
Some site experience would be advantageous although not essential.
- Practical / hands-on Classroom tutorials.
Methods of assessment
- Practical assessment
- Theory exam
Qualification / Certification
CITB Certificate - Safe Erection and Dismantling of Scaffolds - Part A