“Electrical and electronic products” refer to devices and accessory products with rated working electrical voltages of no more than 1500 volts direct current, and 1000 volts alternating current which function by means of current or electromagnetic fields, and generate, transmit and measure such currents and electromagnetic fields. Power generation, transmission and distribution equipment is excluded [from this definition]. (Refer to China RoHS II regulation, Section I, Article 3)
The categories include:
- Telecommunication device/ Communications equipment
- Broadcasting and TV equipment
- Computers and other office equipment
- Household appliances, electronic equipment
- Electronic instruments
- Industrial electrical and electronic equipment
- Electrical tools
- Medical electronic equipment and devices
- Lighting products
- Electrical products for education, sports and entertainment use, etc.
Below is a draft list of priority products:
Printers, copiers, fax machines, TV sets, monitors, Microcomputers, cell phones, telephones, refrigerators, air conditioner, washing machines, water heaters.
The categories exclude:
- Involving energy production, transmission and distribution equipment, such as power plants, transmission and distribution power stations, building supply and distribution systems and equipment used
- Electrical and electronic equipment for defence and military use
- Electrical and electronic equipment used in special environments or extreme environments
- Electrical and electronic equipment for export
- Electrical transportation equipment
- Used equipment manufactured before July 1st, 2016
- Temporary entry of imported products or maintenance service, not for sale
- Prototype for research / development, testing purposes
- For exhibition and other purposes, not for sale, etc.