Invest in the future
The demands on municipalities and regions regarding environmental planning are complex. Energy efficiency and sustainability are high on the public agenda and increasing stringent environmental laws and increasing costs are forcing consumers to be more economical with energy.
The top priority for municipalities is to transform their regions into almost CO2 free metropolitan areas. To achieve this, focus needs to be placed on the development of urban infrastructure such as towns, buildings, traffic and energy planning. Creating energy concepts has proved to be a solid foundation for the decision making process and paves the way for a sustainable energy policy.
TÜV SÜD partners town planners and government authorities to create a customised energy concept. Together we review energy policy and pinpoint ways to improve energy efficiency. We develop alternative supply concepts, taking the economic boundaries into consideration and propose measures to reduce emissions. TÜV SÜD’s energy efficiency services for municipalities and regions complement its portfolio for Infrastructure.
Our services at a glance
- Evaluation of energy supply and consumption of plants and buildings
- Development of measures to increase energy efficiency
- Development of heating and emission analyses to make informed energy infrastructure planning decisions
- Implementation of project and feasibility studies for innovative supply technology (solar, energy, biomass, fuel cells, etc)
- Developing concepts for building or retrofitting energy supply plants
- Proposing methods to reduce emissions