Process of Certification - ISO 14001
TÜV SÜD Middle East LLC as an independent & impartial certification body, has stringent policies that ensures the team involved in executing the certification process and making decisions is Fair, Firm and Independent.
The procedures laid down by TÜV SÜD Middle East LLC is in accordance with the requirements of IAF guidelines and ref of ISO 17021.
The process of certification is as follows:
- The client shall apply for the System Certification using prescribed forms.
Any interested party may contact any of our offices by sending Audit Application Form for the standard. Audit application shall be reviewed for completeness and verified with competence and accreditations before sending the quote.
- TÜV SÜD Middle East shall plan and register the audit after entering into a contract.
- The audit planning consists of use of competent auditors and execution within the agreed time.
Certification Audit: This is divided in 2 parts
- Stage I - Preparedness and review.
- Stage II - Compliance verification
- After the opening meeting, the auditors shall take adequate samples and evaluate the samples against the requirement of standard and the documentation of client as well by a personal interview.
- The auditors shall convey their findings and results in the closing meeting. After receiving compliances or findings, the audit documentation is uploaded in iCert System. .
- The audit documentation is independently reviewed and checked for correctness and completeness.
- The decision for audit is taken the Head Office.
- The client will be awarded the certificate after successful completion of the audit.
Surveillance follow up audits:
- The frequency is generally once a year.
- The purpose is to ensure continuous compliance to the system and cover all the elements in the span of one certification cycle.
Repeat Audit (Recertification):
- The audit after completion of one cycle (generally 3 years for certification).
- In this audit, all the elements are audited and the duration for this audit may be lesser as compared to the Certification Audit (if the employee strength is the same).
Amendment in Scope, Site and Transfer Audits:
Another type of audit includes expansion / reduction of scope, and addition / deletion of sites & transfer. A separate audit planning is to be done. However, the audit process and the outcome remains the same as given in the Certification Audit.
Suspension and Withdrawals:
Non-compliance of Certification regulations like timelines of execution of audit, non-submission of compliance on findings within stipulated period, misuse of logo & certificate, gross failure in systems, etc. can lead to suspension or withdrawal as per the governing rules of TÜV SÜD Middle East.